Under the sea discovery bottlePosted: 23/03/2015
Make a beautiful under the sea discovery bottle for toddlers…
This is probably my favourite discovery bottle that I’ve made for Little Miss A. I find it really theraputic to swish the contents around and she enjoys rolling it along the floor and spotting the various items as they float into view.
How I made it:
- Take one clean plastic bottle and part fill with water
- Add a few drops of blue food colouring
- And a spoonful or two of play sand
- Drop in a number of objects to suggest the sea. I used green curling ribbon for seaweed and some shells of different shapes and sizes. I also cut out a couple of fish shapes from orange craft foam
- Top up with water
- Secure lid tightly (I used brown tape but you can hot glue it down too)
The bottle is ready for swirling, shaking, investigating and rolling!
We have this out all the time and have also used it as part of our under the sea themed book nooks and for other watery themed play :)