Ooh, a lovely Liebster Award!Posted: 09/02/2014
How lovely to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Living in the Deep End. I’m properly chuffed :)
I think the idea behind the awards is great: a way to get to know other bloggers better and to discover new blogs. There is more information about the Liebster Awards here but basically, if you accept the award, you should:
- Link back to the blogger who tagged you
- Answer the questions they set for you
- Nominate ten other blogs and write ten questions for them to answer (and let them know about their award!)
Here are my questions and answers from Living in the Deep End:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve always loved to write but that fell by the wayside a little over my adult years. Once I became a mum, I found myself really wanting to write again. It has been a great outlet for dealing with the highs and lows of parenting, somewhere to channel my creativity, and something that has provided me with some precious ‘me time’ away from ‘just’ being a mum (even if I am mainly blogging about my life as a mum!).
2. Is your blog anonymous, or do you share it with friends and family?
It has been anonymous up until now, while I tested the waters and decided whether this was going to be something I could realistically stick to. Now I am sharing it with my family but I’m not sure I’m quite ready to open the doors to friends… I don’t want to feel inhibited in my writing by worrying how people I know might take my blog posts. And, if I’m honest, I’m a bit shy about revealing it to them!
3. If you had a day with no responsibilities and unlimited resources, what would you do?
There are so many things I would love to do that it’s hard to narrow it down! If I could bend the laws of time and space and travel to anywhere within the day, I would head to a beautiful Greek island, walk barefoot in the waves along a beach, soak up the sunshine, have a delicious lunch at a spot overlooking the sea, then a quiet hour or so reading a good book in the shade.
4. Do you have any personal goals in 2014?
I want to have another baby this year – but that’s something not quite in my control! I’ve also been mulling over a potential work from home project for the last couple of years with my husband. I would love to get that off the ground and see where it takes us (before our lives are turned upside down again with another little arrival!).
5. Do you have any blogging goals in 2014?
I’d like to continue to blog regularly (at least once a week) on Cuddles & Muddles, which I know will be a challenge if I’m trying to focus on my business project as I always feel I don’t get as much time to write as I’d like as it is! I’d love to grow my readership as well of course, but that’s more of an aside.
6. What is your favorite thing (other than blogging!) to do in your spare time?
Books, books and books! I am a complete bookwork and, since I’ve become a mum, I relish the escapism of burying myself in a good book more than ever. I also love to get out and about with my little family, exploring our local area and visiting new places.
7. How would your friends and family describe you?
As a chatterbox! Fairly disorganised. A happy, optimistic person. And, hopefully, a kind and loving one too.
(I’ve just asked my husband how he would describe me and he said “Quirky”… Not sure what I think about that!)
8. What is your favorite book, and why is it your favorite?
So, so hard to choose just one favourite book… I would have to say Anne of Green Gables, which was my absolute childhood favourite, read and reread until it is falling apart. I still love it as an adult as a comfort book when I need cheering up. My husband and I took a trip to Canada a few years back and I just had to incorporate a stop in Prince Edward Island, where Anne of Green Gables is set. It was wonderful – and it is also where my husband proposed, so it is all the more special to me now.
9. How do you come up with ideas for your blog posts?
They are inspired by my life at home with my little girl – the things we do, the highs and lows of being a mum. They usually pop into my head as I am lying on the floor of my daughter’s room at bedtime waiting for her to go to sleep! I have lists of ideas for future blog posts, just not enough time to write them!
10. What is one thing you’d like your blogging audience to know about you?
That’s a tough one :) That I am a normal mum, doing the best I can. Sometimes I’m doing great at it, sometimes I’m struggling – and I’m never taking myself too seriously either way!
My ten questions for the blogs I am nominating are:
- Where in the world are you based?
- How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start?
- What have you learnt about blogging along the way?
- Where and when do you write your blog posts?
- Does your blog have any social media accounts (e.g Twitter, Facebook) and do they take up a lot of time?!
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items (other than your loved ones!) would you want to take with you?
- What is your favourite book – and your favourite children’s book?
- If you had a day without the children (and no chores to do), what would you want to do?
- What would you like 2014 to bring?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Here are the blogs I’m nominating for a Liebster Award. Some I’ve been following for a while and others I’ve only recently discovered. If you accept, remember to tag me in a post, answer my questions, nominate 10(ish) bloggers and ask them 10 questions, too!